- When do we say goodbye? What words can we use? Are they easy?
- Would you organize a farewell party before leaving your city or country? Or a company?
- Who would you never want to say goodbye to?
- Have you ever thought of the last words you will say before death?
- Here are some famous last words. What do you think of them?
Jane Austen (1775-1817) “Nothing but death.” (asked by her sister Cassandra if there was anything she wanted.)
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827) “Friends applaud, the comedy is over.“
James Dean (1931-1955) “My fun days are over.“
Louis XIV (1638-1715) “Why are you weeping? Did you imagine that I was immortal?“
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973) “Drink to me.“
Elvis Presley (1935-1977) “I hope I haven’t bored you.“
George Washington (1732-1799) “It is well, I die hard, but I am not afraid to go.“
Mao Zedong (1893-1976) “I feel ill. Call the doctors.”
Nostradamus “Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here”
Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman, Time To Say Goodbye
Madonna, The Power Of Good-bye
James Blunt, Goodbye My Lover
Placebo, Song To Say Goodbye
Jamiroquai, Goodbye To My Dancer